Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Time for Everything

Ill miss you Mandy
     The more time goes along and the more life experiences I have, I have observed a few things about people coming in and out of our lives. I even told one of my coworkers on her last night at work, that I believe that God puts people in our lives for a certain time and definitely for a certain purpose. Some of those people stay in our lives and others leave after a time; but whether they stay or leave, the time spent was planned and orchestrated by God! 

     The past month I was able to share a [tiny] apartment with a beautiful, godly woman who gave up everything she had in order to be open and willing to serve God here in Brazil. Ultimately she would like to move here and live day by day alongside these kids and just give them the love that they dont get from their own families. She taught me a lot about life, sacrifice, love, making my "no" be "NO"! lol, a servants heart, and not worrying about what other people think! The amazing thing is, she could have a comfortable life in the states, with all the material things she may need and want, but she is willing to give all that up for the sake of serving God wherever He wants! This is inspiring to me.

     Mandy, I am so glad that you were able to come here while I was here. I believe that God worked everything out so that you spent your last month here while I was here instead of in December. He knew that it was exactly what I needed. I will never forget the things that God taught me through your life and you being here! I am praying that you will be able to return soon (hopefully this summer for that class)! Mostly, I am praying that you will be able to hear God's voice and the direction He is calling you. Thank you for everything....especially teaching me about EASTER!!!! lol :) Love ya

Matthew 10:42 "If you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely by rewarded!"

2 comments:

  1. Awww...Melissa! That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever put into words (about me)! Thank you so much for your kind and sincere spirit. Your presence at the Lar is making a huge impact and I wish I was still there by your side this very second. I admire you for all your hard work and I only wish I had learned at your age what it meant to fully serve our heavenly father whole heartedly. The girls have the best role model with you and you have taught them what it means to live as a woman of God. You are my sister in Christ and our time in our casa grande will never be forgotten...in fact I look forward to being able to spend more time there in the near future, Lord willing. I am praying for you EVERYDAY and I know our paths will cross again. Thanks for being the best roomie at the Lar. And you're right. At the time I couldn't understand why I had to leave the Lar last year. Now I see God's bigger picture...I would have had to do Soulja Boy solo. Seriously, we may have never met and this experience has made life so much brighter sharing this time with you. Keep on doing what you do. Love ya:) My favorite blonde moment summed up in one word: you know it, Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete